Typically the scope provided in a light fleet review includes:
- Review current light vehicle changeover policy and make recommendations on optimum changeover
- Provide information on average annual vehicle costs for use in:
- Tender assessment
- Vehicle values in staff total employment packages
- Comment on:
- the appropriateness of current vehicle models and mix of models and make recommendations for change to suit the client's operational and staff retention/attraction needs
- the value or otherwise of optional extras
- various fuel options
- vehicle allocation and use policies
- Information on options to provide vehicle benefits to assist in attracting and retaining Council staff
- A strategy to minimise FBT liabilities
- A methodology for assessing environmental, safety and social issues in vehicle selection
Note: Clients will add to the scope as necessary
The features that fleet buyers require from their vehicles are many and varied, depending on what they will be used for. The impact on the environment and driver safety should be an important part of any purchase decision.
Our approach to the environment is based on consideration of the total environmental impact of our recommendations to the client. Uniqco provides a weighted analysis approach to vehicle purchase decisions which takes into account:
- Air Pollution
- CO2 Emissions
- Whole of Life Costs
The intention is to provide a fleet that is safe, environmentally friendly and cost effective.
The benefits of proactive effective Fleet Management in regard to safety and the environment can include:
- Reduced accident losses, costs of lost staff time and costs of business interruption
- Lower insurance premiums
- Improved staff morale, safety culture, 'off the job' driver safety
- Enhanced public image and vehicle operation
The report will provide a comparison of a range of vehicles in different categories taking into account whole of life costs, environmental considerations and safety.
Our previous high level of experience with light fleet reviews equips Uniqco with awareness of the issues pertinent to the operation and management of light fleet and those services (customers/end users) that are dependent on fleet management.
Our methodology includes involving key stakeholders in the review in order to ensure we receive their input which will also, in our experience, result in a wider understanding of the issues and greater ownership and acceptance of management decisions resulting from the review.
- Obtain current fleet data
- Interview relevant staff
- Senior management briefing following the completion of the Review Report. This has proven to be an important element of gaining management acceptance of recommendations for change.
Contact us for a free light fleet review quote.